Monday, July 21, 2014

YOUR SOCIETY IS YOU

My society,
covered with cold-bloodedness
Grouchiness and wretchedness covers her
She enjoys not bliss
Absolute peace and tranquility
Diminish into uproar
Why can’t we put a stop to our comfortable inaction?
Speed up the process of positive change
Discontinue the act of mediocrity

Sometimes I wonder
Why can’t we enjoy peace and political stability?
Why can’t we enjoy life in its essence and purity?
Why can’t we live like brothers and sisters in this community?
Why, why, why?

From sunrise to sunset
North to east
South to west
Our society suffers in the hands of political incompetence
Yes!
We blame the government for her inability to rule
But let’s not forget one fact
We also shoulder the blames too

Sometimes I wonder
Why can’t we have the knowledge of…
‘My society is me’

Nights after nights
Like fireflies in the dark
My backside spanked upon
From paid beds to paid beds
Deceiving myself...
I seek for daily breads
Yet I cry
My society is polluted

Oh Yes!
Polluted by my trans-generational absurdity
Polluted by the ill ways of my accomplishments
Polluted by the misdemeanors of humanity
My society is polluted

Now here I stand
Afore the reflection of my productivity
Afore the gargantuan viaduct of my stupidity
Afore the chronological heap of my egocentricity

Now here I stand
Empty
In the emptiness of my completeness
In the shadows of my true temperament
In the darkness of my brightness

Now here I stand
Sober
Wishing to go back in time
And right my wrongs
But wishing is not enough
Because my society stands
Susceptible
What a shame

We are the society we seek to build
Yes our attitudes are all the bricks to use
We must now rise
Holding hands in togetherness
Revitalizing shoulders of feebleness
We must fight

Yes!
Fight not with iron,
or we'll be found behind bars
yet even that is noble for the right cause
But with all hands on board
Fights for positive change
Fights for societal upliftment
Fights for our community safeness
Fights for humanity
Fights for community developments
Fights for political stability
Fights for our unborn generations
Because the future is ours to take

Sometimes you should wonder
Your society is you.
she is us


Written by:
Paul Okuk

No comments: