Thursday, November 27, 2014

RIP Dr. Myles Munroe

I know you don't recognize this voice but
Listen to the winds
Listen to the echoes of my voice
While you rest peacefully in the bosom of his wings

Like a knight you shepherded me
Taught me the deep of me
I never would have known devoid of you
You never knew me yes
Your words cut deep within
Like the swords of Spartacus

Your teachings like seeds
Planted in my consciousness
Rooted in my subconscious self
Authorizes my command
To delineate my actions cum reactions
To the toothless challenges
That woof everyday pursuit

Your book
Understanding the purpose and power of men
Kept me busy on my bed
And nudge my eyes to peaceful sleep

At the break of the day
As I turned on my mobile internet
My heart fell of bare rocks
Dr. Myles' gone!

Drops after drops
Like tears from the rock
My teardrops fall
Landing its weight on my pad
While I wrote this tribute poetry for one man

One man who stirred me to dive deep within
To understand my potentials
Find and fulfill my purpose
One man who would have forwarded a book
Written by Paul Okuk

Born with great potentials
April 20th 1954
Just ten days before 30th my D.O.B.
Myles Egbert Munroe
Died empty
November 9th 2014
Just eighteen days after replying my email
Which summed up 28 years of my life

He lived only 60 years but
His name rang on every ear
Like an immortal g.o.d.

One man
One poor, dejected Grand Bahamian
The society spat on
Stoned with obnoxious words
Called atrocious names
This same man, one man
Brought the world's attention
To a country that would only have existed
On world's map, Bahamas

Dr. Myles
Indeed you left the world
Better than you met it
You left me... 
Dr. Myles Munroe you left me... equipped
To better the world
Than you left it

Today I stand as a product of your God-given ability
I stand with better knowledge and understanding of my true being
I stand to know that
"The greatest tragedy in life is not death
But life without a purpose"
I stand... Not to mourn you
Though u left me early enough
I stand to celebrate you
Cos you refused to make the graveyard rich
Rest In Peace Dr. Myles Munroe!

Paul Okuk

No comments: